Last Updated: June 5, 2017
5. Sensitive Personal Information. If we ask you to provide sensitive Personally Identifiable Information (i.e. information specifying medical or health conditions, personal financial information, geo-locational information, social security number, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, or information regarding your sex life, among similar such information) (referred to herein as “Sensitive Personal Information,” and included as part of the Personally Identifiable Information, as applicable), we will require that you first affirmatively agree (i.e., opt-in) to provide such information before we collect it from you. The information we request is not designed for any discriminatory purpose and you are not required to provide any such Sensitive Personal Information if you do not wish to do so, although your use of any Site may be affected thereby.
6. Our Information Use and Sharing Practices.
(a) Generally. Except as otherwise permitted herein or required by applicable law, rule or regulation, we will never share your: (i) Non-Personally Identifiable information; (ii) Personally Identifiable Information; and/or (iii) Sensitive Personal Information (collectively, your Personal Information”), with any third party without your permission.
(b) FUEL CYCLE Client. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we provide some or all of your Personal Information to the particular FUEL CYCLE Client on whose behalf we have collected your Personal Information through any of the Sites, and such FUEL CYCLE Client may contact you regarding goods or services in which you may be interested, among other reasons. We will not share your Personal Information with any other FUEL CYCLE Client without your prior express permission other than as set forth herein or as required by law.
(c) Aggregated Data. We collect and use aggregated Personal Information of some or all users who use the Sites for the purpose of enhancing users’ experiences using FUEL CYCLE’s service, and providing feedback to FUEL CYCLE Clients. From time to time, we may share aggregated Personal Information with third parties without having to obtain your permission. However, we will not share any aggregated Personal Information in any manner that would enable the recipient to personally identify you without your express permission other than as set forth herein or required by law.
(d) Service Providers. Notwithstanding anything set forth herein to the contrary, from time to time, we may enter into relationships with third parties who provide services to us (e.g., we outsource a portion of our electronic mailing to a third party). In those circumstances, we only disclose Personal Information that is necessary for such service providers to perform those services on our behalf, and we require that they maintain the confidentiality of such Personal Information. Such provision shall not be deemed a breach of the terms hereof, and we shall not be liable for their misuse or unauthorized dissemination of any Personal Information unless such activity is the direct result of our gross negligence or willful misconduct.
(e) Site Access/Improvement. We may view, store and use Personal Information: (i) to provide access to and use of the Sites and related services, (ii) to communicate with you concerning your account and customer service issues, (iii) to personalize, customize, and improve the Sites and related services (including without limitation the provision of marketing and advertising communications from us and third parties), (iv) to ensure the technical functioning of the Sites and related services, (v) to develop new services, and (vi) to protect the copyright and other intellectual property-protected content of our Sites and related services.
7. Public Information. If you identify any Personal Information as public, you are authorizing us to share such information publicly in any manner we elect at any time. Also, there may be areas of the Sites (e.g., message boards, discussion rooms, and other online forums) in which you are able to post information that will be available to all other users of the Sites. By choosing to use these areas, you understand and agree that anyone may access, use, and disclose any information that you post to those areas and as such, immediately upon posting, the materials or information you post shall be considered public information (and no longer Personal Information subject to privacy restrictions).
8. Accessing, Modifying, and Deleting Your Personal Information. If you would like to modify or delete from our database any Personal Information stored in your profile, or if you would like to delete your profile completely, you can do so as follows: log into the FUEL CYCLE Client online community and proceed to the “My Account” section where you have the ability to edit your information or close your account. We will use all reasonable efforts to implement these changes within ten (10) calendar days. Please note that any Personal Information that we have copied may remain in back-up storage for some period of time after your request. We will also be unable to recover any Personal Information from any FUEL CYCLE Client once it has been transferred to such client. Also, please note that we will maintain all Personal Information in our database whenever we are required to do so by law, and/or if and as necessary in order to resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. We retain your Personal Information during the term of the particular project that we are conducting on behalf of the relevant FUEL CYCLE Client, and for a period of sixty (60) calendar days after the termination of such project, but in no event longer than allowed by applicable law. FUEL CYCLE acknowledges that certain EU individuals have certain rights to access the Personal Information that we maintain about them, subject to the terms of the Privacy Shield Principles. An individual who seeks access to, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data, should direct their query to firstname.lastname@example.org. If requested to remove data, we will respond within a reasonable time frame.
9. Security. We implement reasonable industry-standard security technologies and procedures measures to help protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, alteration, destruction, seizure, theft or disclosure. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be one hundred percent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its security and as such, the inadvertent dissemination of such information shall not be deemed a breach hereof by FUEL CYCLE unless and to the extent caused by our negligence or misconduct. In addition, FUEL CYCLE is unable to control how other users will utilize the information you share with them. FUEL CYCLE disclaims any responsibility or liability of any kind or nature with respect to the sale, misuse, or dissemination of any information you share with other users or third parties, including without limitation your Personal Information. To that end, we ask that you not share any Sensitive Personal Information about yourself or other contacts through the Sites or related services at any time. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change or misuse information on any Site are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
10. Children’s Privacy. We are committed to protecting the privacy needs of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. The Sites are not intended for and may not be used by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 and we do not direct the Sites to, or encourage use of the Sites by, children under the age of 13.
12100 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 1950
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Tel: (323) 556-5400
FUEL CYCLE has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the EU-US Privacy Shield Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit https://www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers for more information about how to file a complaint, provided that you first contact us to resolve this issue. Please note that if your complaint is not resolved through these channels, under limited circumstances, a binding arbitration option may be available before a Privacy Shield panel.
FUEL CYCLE is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).